It's time for cake again. This week I wanted to do a different cake well at least for me it is. I always wanted to make it but I didn't have the time so finally I did it.With a little help of Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book.
Here it is my German Chocolate Cake
This is what you would need for the cake:
2/3 cup of butter
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 4-oz package sweet baking chocolate
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
For the coconut-pecan frosting:
2/3 cup of evaporated milk
1 1/3 cup of flakes coconut
1/2 cup of chopped pecans
Here are the steps:
1. Separate eggs. Allow egg yolks, egg whites, and butter to stand at room temperature for about 30 mins. Meanwhile grease and lightly flour two round cake pans. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking soda and salt set aside.
2. In a small saucepan combine chocolate and 1/3 cup water. Cook ans stir over low heat until chocolate is melted.
3. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, beating until well combined. Scrape sides of bowl continue beating for 2 mins. Beat in eggs, yolks 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in cooled chocolate mixture and vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to butter mixture, beat on low speed after each addition until combined.
4. Wash the beaters.In a large mixing bowl beat the egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.Gently fold egg whites into the batter. Spread batter into the prepare pans.
5. Bake in a 350 oven for 20 to 25 minutes for or until a wooden tooth pick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool cake layers on wire racks for 10 mins. Remove cakes from pans cool thoroughly on racks. Spread coconut-pecan frosting over the top of each cake.stack layers.
Here are the steps for the frosting:
In a medium saucepan slightly beat 1 egg. Stir in one 5 oz can of (2/3 cup) evaporated milk. 2/3 cup of sugar and 1/4 of butter. Cook and stir over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat stie in 1 1/3 cup of coconut and 1/2 cup of chopped pecans. Cover and let cool.
This is what your cake should look like
Hope you all like it.
An with a good cup of coffee it will sure be delicioso
Now let's go to our Coffee Party over at love4coffee